Greetings,

I need to periodically upload and sync some local folders of my Ubuntu 24.04 
LTS desktop to a remote server with FTP.

I also need to use lftp (see version detail below) because I absolutely need 
its "mirror -R" option, which as far as I know is not present in other FTP 
clients for Linux.

The problem is that the FTP server is there, and when I connect with Filezilla 
it shows all the subfolders I have to keep in sync, all with their present 
content.

But if I try with lftp, it does connect, but even if I give it the absolute 
path of the main folder containing all those subfolders, it says:
cd: Access failed: 404 NotFound (/path/to/folder)

What can the reason be? I haven't found anything relevant online.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Marco

lftp --version
LFTP | Version 4.9.2 | Copyright (c) 1996-2020 Alexander V. Lukyanov

LFTP is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with LFTP.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

Send bug reports and questions to the mailing list <[email protected]>.

Libraries used: GnuTLS 3.8.3, idn2 2.3.7, Readline 8.2, zlib 1.3
_______________________________________________
lftp mailing list
[email protected]
http://univ.uniyar.ac.ru/mailman/listinfo/lftp

Reply via email to