Needle lace too, especially Halas lace where the tiny fish motif, a triad I
think it is, is the "clue" or identifier of the lace. The only way to sign
bobbin lace easily that I can think of is to make a deliberate mistake,
such as put leaves where there aren't any in the design. Forced at best
IMO.
The cross-stitch resembling lace pattern is unfortunate.



On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 7:11 AM Devon Thein <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> ....The
> explanation for this is "This pattern is worked in a combination of
> straight or back stitches and cross stitches to look like bobbin
> lace." I think this is a sentence that doesn't make sense.

.....


> Perhaps the plot would have been more believable if she had chosen
> embroidered filet as the lace medium rather than bobbin lace.
>
> --
Sent from my iPod

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to