Hi Sharon,
I first saw and discovered such a thing called bobbin lace in the early 
1980’s but I didn’t take my first lace class until 1996.
However, I was indeed a software engineer (we preferred that term over computer 
programmer as we also did software design) in 1983-4+. Around this timeframe 
our company (Rockwell Collins) was an early adapter of the Ada programming 
language! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_(programming_language)
I worked with Ada for the rest of my career at the company.   My lace work has 
been mostly after leaving my job in 2000. Again, I don’t see any relevance 
between code and lace. But it was fun learning about Countess Ada Lovelace and 
her work with Charles Babbage as one of the first females to “program” a 
computer!
Anita Hansen
Cedar Rapids, Iowa ... where I have been busy this past week sewing bobbin bags!

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to