I am going on a lace retreat and we are planning a movie night. Many, many years ago I saw a movie, or part of a movie. It was in black and white. It was a B picture, possibly film noir. It was set in the first half of the 20th century, I think. There was a woman who made bobbin lace on a flat pillow on a stand. (She may have been a sinister psychopath murderer, that part I don't remember.) What stands out clearly for me was a scene in which it is revealed that face has been disfigured and as a result she became a recluse, spending all of her time inside making bobbin lace so that she wouldn't have to go out and have people stare at her. At some point, a man (one who has uncovered her secret, that she is a murderer psychopath?) looks at her and says, "you must have been quite pretty before this happened to you."
Does this ring a bell with anyone. (Note that I seem to remember the pillow very well, but the plot not very well at all.) Devon - To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
