janhoy commented on PR #4999: URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/4999#issuecomment-6006634464
@dsmiley This change will fail the (documentation) build if python3 is not installed. This is reported as a bug by Hoss in the JIRA, and I agree it is better to fail the build. I ping you since you care about minimizing number of required runtimes for developers. We have tons of python scripts, but as a requirement for gradle build I think there is only one, `checkJavadocLinks.py`. But perhaps we can fully remove the requirement and thus also make those gradle targets work on any CI machine with a JDK. I have confirmed with Claude that it is possible to wire in [GraalPy](https://graalpy.org) in our build such that if no `python3` is installed or provided, we can use GraalPy as a fallback, automatically downloading the runtime and executing the `changes2html.py` script using it. The build could then also use the same techique for `checkJavadocLinks.py`. Wdyt? That solution would, if chosen, invalidate this PR. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
