stivsh commented on PR #29382:
URL: https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/29382#issuecomment-5993964458

   @MartijnVisser
   I consider this a bug in core Flink SQL functionality, not just a 
performance improvement. `TemporalRowTimeJoinOperator` scans the entire 
left-side state on every watermark, which makes temporal joins non stable and 
just stucks on the beginning or if a lot of metrics come on the left side and 
forces users to build custom alternatives.
   
   I already use this fix internally and it works well.
   
   I understand the contribution process and have applied for Flink JIRA 
access, but going through the full upstream process may take more time than I 
can commit. If an existing Flink contributor can pick this up and help bring it 
into the main repository, I would be happy to provide the code, context, and 
benchmarks.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to