...

Hello dear Sepher.


I may personally understand that you really want to be considered as a PHP 
internal contributor. It can be considered as a very high distinction in any 
academic or career pursuit. 


However, your emails and proposal sounds like AI generated content to quickly 
enter in the circle of "elite" programmers without even considering that your 
proposal doesn't bring any new value on the table.


I, personally, developed in WordPress for so long that, on a very busy day, I 
understood that using procedural function approach was just not a good idea. 
And if you have read the proposal from PHP8.5, you can observe new features 
added on PHP object oriented programming and function oriented programming with 
the "|>", which simply are better solution for coding in general compared to 
procedural function (unless you code in C, which is the default coding style).


Please, stop messaging the PHP internal group. First get your idea approved by 
a real community of PHP developers that struggle with the kind of problems your 
RFC proposals are dealing with. Else you are slowly, but greatly, demonstrating 
a lack of commitment to quality improvement of PHP internals, either due to 
lack of knowledge or lack of desire to do so but still keep pushing what seems 
like AI generated content for the sake of being popular.


In this group, from what I understand, serious business to get PHP greater is 
in place. And the group is very kind enough to repeatedly expose your 
misconception, without banning since day 1 (and to answer to my personal 
questions about PHP internals, thanks to anyone for that, I appreciate it a 
lot).


Kind regards,
David Maye.



> El 27/09/2026 21:17 سپهر محمودی <[email protected]> escribió:
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Hi everyone,
> 
> 
> I hope you're all doing well.
> 
> 
> I would like to propose a new RFC: `intl_date_format()`.
> 
> 
> The main idea behind this is to simplify date formatting across different 
> calendars (like Persian, Islamic, etc.) without having to go through the 
> verbose setup of `IntlDateFormatter` every single time. It's meant to be a 
> simple, procedural wrapper that makes handling non-Gregorian calendars much 
> more accessible for everyday tasks.
> 
> 
> You can check out the full RFC here:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/intl_date_format
> 
> 
> I’ve ensured the implementation remains consistent with our existing `intl` 
> error handling patterns (using `E_WARNING` and returning `false` on failure).
> 
> 
> I’m really looking forward to hearing your thoughts, feedback, and any 
> suggestions you might have to improve this. Thanks for your time and for all 
> the great work you do!
> 
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> 
> Sepehr Mahmoudi
> 

Reply via email to