On Sunday, 27 September 2026 at 20:21, سپهر محمودی <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I hope you're all doing well.
>
> I would like to propose a new RFC: `intl_date_format()`.
>
> The main idea behind this is to simplify date formatting across different 
> calendars (like Persian, Islamic, etc.) without having to go through the 
> verbose setup of `IntlDateFormatter` every single time. It's meant to be a 
> simple, procedural wrapper that makes handling non-Gregorian calendars much 
> more accessible for everyday tasks.
>
> You can check out the full RFC here:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/intl_date_format
>
> I’ve ensured the implementation remains consistent with our existing `intl` 
> error handling patterns (using `E_WARNING` and returning `false` on failure).
>
> I’m really looking forward to hearing your thoughts, feedback, and any 
> suggestions you might have to improve this. Thanks for your time and for all 
> the great work you do!

No.

The procedural API is ill defined and should *NOT* be expanded.
Constructing an object is also not that difficult.

It would be a good idea for you to step back from the mailing list and stop 
proposing RFCs every 2 days as you are frankly spamming the mailing lists with 
proposals that have no value and waste everyone's time.
I can understand the desire to contribute back to PHP, but shotgunning 
proposals in the hope that one will stick is not an approach that will net you 
any sympathy, as you have clearly used up any sympathy people have had for you 
over the last few weeks.

Or put more plainly, I will *personally* take the time to write a formal RFC to 
ban you from the project if you continue spamming the mailing list.
I'll allow a *single* reply to this email before taking action.

Sincerely,
Gina P. Banyard

Reply via email to