Hi Serkan, I am in the process of extending Mapswipe (http://www.missingmaps.org/) an app that is used to create some of the task manager task geometries. Together with Benni Herfort at Heidelberg university, we're setting up a workflow to help people validate building footprints produced by ML systems. Our first target is a dataset of buildings in Tanzania that contains about 18 million footprints. The aim is to do a bit of preprocessing, to put them in a decent shape, then have volunteers validate them against satellite imagery, so that they can then be imported onto the map. Our hope is that this speeds up mapping of buildings (and possibly other elements) while also raising the resulting quality.
I think this might tie into what you're doing in 2 ways: - our output will be a high quality dataset of validated building footprints that you could use for training - your output could feed into the app for validation Happy to tell you more about what we're doing in a separate discussion, if you think it's helpful. Laurent On 20/11/2018 03:44, Serkan Karakulak wrote: > Hi, > I am a graduate student in a Data Science program, and I wanted to get > in touch with you because me and my two other friends are interested > in working on a machine learning project to map areas using their > satellite images and produce their labels. If we obtain a high > accuracy, we thought it could be of use to the hotosm and the > missingmaps initiatives. > > I have first heard about Missing Maps when I came across a mapathlon > event two years ago in Istanbul. We were in search for a class project > for one of our courses and I remembered about the mapathlon event and > we would be very happy if we could contribute to the this wonderful > initiative. There are already some previous successful works on this > subject, so we are very hopeful that we could come up with an > algorithm with high accuracy. > > In order to develop the model, we need to extract bounding boxes of > the validated tiles we see at hotosm. Then we will extract the > satellite images and their labels using the label-maker API which is > developed by DevSeed. Is there a method to extract the coordinates of > these validated tiles? > > Thank you for your time and help. > > Best, > > Serkan > > _______________________________________________ > HOT mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
_______________________________________________ HOT mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
