--- Ossama Khayat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I tested the putty.exe provided by Ahmad K. on a > Windows 2000 Advanced Server today, and I got these > notes: > 1. As I understood, it will not do shaping yet? which > appears in the screen shot here: > http://www.al-daleel.org/1.png when I view it with > 'cat'.
Yup, looks like it is doing the right thing; windows' shaping has been disabled :-) > 2. When I try to open the same file with 'vi' and :set > arabic, I see the display is corrupted > (http://www.al-daleel.org/before.png). I think you mean Vim ;-) > 3. The wierd thing is that when I just move the cursor > over the lines, it becomes easily readable > (http://www.al-daleel.org/after.png). Let's not worry about this just yet (sounds like a redraw problem to me), let's get shaping and Bidi added properly to PuTTY and then start addressing bugs and anomalies :-) Thanks and Salam. - Nadim __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want. http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools _______________________________________________ General mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general

