I tested the putty.exe provided by Ahmad K. on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server today, and I got these
thanks for the effort
notes: 1. As I understood, it will not do shaping yet? which appears in the screen shot here: http://www.al-daleel.org/1.png when I view it with 'cat'. 2. When I try to open the same file with 'vi' and :set arabic, I see the display is corrupted (http://www.al-daleel.org/before.png).
i think the problem is with VI's code, because i noticed this when i used VI's code in
Putty. it messes up the letter LAM.
3. The wierd thing is that when I just move the cursor over the lines, it becomes easily readable (http://www.al-daleel.org/after.png).
dunno about this, will see about it...
Hope this helps.
yes, thanks a lot...
ak...
_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
_______________________________________________ General mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general

