I am still analyzing the FRIAM archives using ChatGPT to improve the first chapter and found this beautiful quote from Glen about free will:
"the memory of lost opportunities is what we call free will".

And this quote from Nick:
"I think one of the hardest things about having been an academic is that while we are paid to have ideas, nobody else is paid to respond to them. And so, academic writing is like dropping coins down an infinitely deep wishing well and listening for any evidence at all that the coin ever dropped".

If academic writing is "like dropping coins down an infinitely deep wishing well and listening for any evidence at all that the coin ever dropped" I am quite good at it too. I mean in dropping coins down an infinitely deep wishing well.

-J.

.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... 
--- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom 
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
 1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/

Reply via email to