https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=286179

--- Comment #35 from Peter Ganzhorn <[email protected]> ---
I would also like to add some observations about zfs and jails:

My jails are organized in a hierarchical zfs dataset structure:

# zfs list
zroot/jail                                    2.13G   166G   158M  /jail
zroot/jail/containers                         1.27G   166G    96K 
/jail/containers
zroot/jail/containers/test                     426M   166G   426M 
/jail/containers/test
zroot/jail/test-data                            96K   166G    96K  /data

If i set allow.mount.zfs for my jail and do a 'zfs list' inside the jail, I
would expect it to see only the jails root path (or dataset that path is
within) and datasets assigned with 'zfs jail'.

If I set path = "/jail/containers/test"; in my jail.conf, I would expect
zroot/jail/containers/test to be visible from within the jail.

Yet, it lists zroot/jail:

root@test:/ # mount
zroot/jail/containers/test on / (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tmpfs on /tmp (tmpfs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs)
root@test:/ # zfs list
NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
zroot                 49.8G   166G    96K  none
zroot/jail            2.13G   166G   158M  /jail

See that last line?
That should be zroot/jail/containers/test and *not* something two levels up in
the hierarchy, shouldn't it?

If I assign zroot/jail/test-data with 'zfs jail' to the jail, that seems to
work as expected:
# zfs list
NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
zroot                 49.8G   166G    96K  none
zroot/jail            2.13G   166G   158M  /jail
zroot/jail/test-data    96K   166G    96K  /data


Using a jailed zfs dataset as root of the nfs exports in the jail still results
in a dying jail.

I tried with the following additions to my jail.conf:
  exec.prestart = "zfs set jailed=on zroot/jail/test-data";
  exec.created  = "zfs jail test zroot/jail/test-data";
  exec.release  = "zfs unjail test zroot/jail/test-data";
  exec.release += "zfs set jailed=off zroot/jail/test-data";

Purely starting nfsd in the jail seems to cause the inability to stop it.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to