Jay! Pool-timer to the rescue... Cor van de Water Chief Scientist Proxim Wireless office +1 408 383 7626 Skype: cor_van_de_water XoIP +31 87 784 1130 private: cvandewater.info
http://www.proxim.com This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation. If you received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is prohibited. -----Original Message----- From: EV [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ed Blackmond via EV Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 9:50 PM To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVI MCS100 vs DS50 I had one of these for my Honda EVPlus and converted it for use with my 2011 Leaf, by replacing the Avcon plug with a J1772 plug. It works just fine. However there is an issue. The MCS100 will allow only one charge cycle. The plug must be disconnected and reconnected before it will allow another charge cycle. This was a work around for an error in the Honda protocol interface. If you use the Leaf's charging timer and plug in outside the charging window, the Leaf does a brief (1 second?) charging cycle to test the connection. The MCS100 uses this as the charge cycle and won't turn back on until the disconnect/reconnect sequence. I already had a manual timer on the power input to the MCS100 so I could charge the Honda overnight. I set this timer to come on at 00:15 and the Leaf to start charging at 00:00. The Leaf would test the circuit when I plugged it in and complain, but it would try to charge at 00:00 and it would start charging at 00:15 when power was applied to the MCS100. This scheme worked just fine. Ed > On Jan 5, 2016, at 5:24 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV <[email protected]> wrote: > > > I acquired an MCS100-3. It is a beast compared to the DS50. I wanted to convert it but upon reading up I found a reference to the pilot signal. This unit ran a Honda EVPlus. Is it fully J1772 compliant or do I have to buy hardware to make it so? The DS50 was an easy wire for wire conversion. Lawrence Rhodes > -------------- next part -------------- > An HTML attachment was scrubbed... > URL: <http://lists.evdl.org/private.cgi/ev-evdl.org/attachments/20160106/591d ca18/attachment.htm> > _______________________________________________ > UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub > http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org > Read EVAngel's EV News at http://evdl.org/evln/ > Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA) > _______________________________________________ UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org Read EVAngel's EV News at http://evdl.org/evln/ Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA) _______________________________________________ UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org Read EVAngel's EV News at http://evdl.org/evln/ Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)
