Thank you very much Ralph!!! It works!
I changed P-15 to match your setup but the actual reason was a mistake
in "first element" for second transaction - I had "1" instead of "0",
thank you for sharing correct values

Viesturs

otrd., 2026. g. 6. okt., plkst. 02:55 — lietotājs Ralph Stirling via
Emc-users (<[email protected]>) rakstīja:
>
> I have D1 jumpered to D2.  My motor is an LSMV100L 3hp.
>
> The scaling is because the modbus registers are frequency x 10,
> and I have a four pole motor.  So the setpoint in register 2 for
> 1000RPM would be 1000/60*2*10 = 1000 / 3.
>
> P-01 = 7500.
> P-02 = 0
> P-03 = 5.0
> P-04 = 5.0
> P-05 = 2
> P-06 = 0
> P-07 = 230
> P-08 = 10.9
> P-09 = 50
> P-10 = 1430
> P-11 = 0.1
> P-12 = 3
> P-13 = 0
> P-14 = 201
> P-15 = 0
> P-16 = U 0-10
> P-17 = 8
> P-18 = 1
> P-19 = 100
>
> P-31 = 1
> P-36 = 1 115.2 0
>
> My machine is a bit disconnected at the moment as I stripped down
> the x and y axes for a thorough cleaning.  If you need me to check some
> more things I can probably get it reconnected later today or tomorrow.
>
> -- Ralph
> ________________________________________
> From: Viesturs Lācis <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, October 5, 2026 10:22 AM
> To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] How to modbus?
>
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside the Walla Walla University email 
> system.
>
>
> pirmd., 2026. g. 5. okt., plkst. 04:31 — lietotājs Ralph Stirling via
> Emc-users (<[email protected]>) rakstīja:
> >
> > I have an Invertek Optidrive E3 as well, with usb-to-rs485 control.  I've 
> > uploaded my files to:
> >
> > https://gab.wallawalla.edu/~ralph.stirling/projects/linuxcnc/rmc2/
> >
>
> I tried to replicate your setup, even renamed all the HAL_TX_NAME and
> other parameters to match your setup just to make sure there is no
> chance for error.
> The result is that there are no errors in terminal when I start
> LinuxCNC from there and mb2hal.vfd_rd.num-errors and other num_errors
> pins remain at 0 which seems to me that transactions are working. That
> is the good news.
>
> So in HalShow I tried to set mb2hal.vfd_wr.speed.int or
> mb2hal.vfd_wr.speed.float value between min and max speed and
> mb2hal.vfd_ctrl.control.int value set to 1 and there comes the bad
> news - nothing happens, it does not try to move the motor. I was
> wondering if there is something missing in VFD settings or I need to
> connect some of inputs?
> I am using this manual:
> https://fusionfluid.com/images/Documents/manuals-documentation/invertek_vfd/Invertek_Manual-v200.pdf
> Motor parameters, in case they matter: P-01 = 24000; P-02 = 1800; P-03
> = 6.0; P-04 = 7.0; P-05 = 0; P-06 = 0; P-07 = 400; P-08 = 16.0; P-09 =
> 200; P-10 = 12000; P-11 = 2.0
> Parameters related to modbus: P-12 = 3; P-15 = 5; P-31 = 1; P-36 = 1 115.2 
> 3000;
> Am I missing something?
> I have a switch to connect D1 to +24V, I tried with both switch open and 
> closed.
>
> And can you please explain why do you multiply/divide the speed
> command and speed feedback by 3 in your modspindle.comp? To get the
> scaling correct?
>
> Viesturs
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emc-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emc-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users


_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to