I've tried FreeCAD a few times ... I'm proficient in SolidWorks, most Vectric products, I can get by in Fusion, Rhino etc ... but FreeCAD always seems to be fighting me at every stage. I am sure it is possible to build the same parts in FreeCAD as you can in SW ... but to get to that point a new Fusion or SW user might take a couple of evenings of tinkering .. FreeCAD as someone said earlier .. after 2 weeks of study, you might be able to make basic parts. To me it feels like it still has a long way to go in terms of the UI. There are some basic pragmas that have become ubiquitous for 3D CAD interfaces .. they are a common language that makes it trivial to move from one system to another, FreeCAD still seems to be ploughjing its own furrow and the effort to convert is high ...
On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 at 11:12, Marco <[email protected]> wrote: > On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 03:28:59 -0400 > maurice e heskett <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > https://a360.co/4jDQime > > Is a 404, tried FF twice. > > Same here. The link is incorrect. The correct one should probably > be: > > https://a360.co/4jDQime > > > _______________________________________________ > Emc-users mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users > _______________________________________________ Emc-users mailing list [email protected] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
