I think what you did is design the part in “AI Prompt language,” and the fact 
that the design was saved in OpenSCAD was incidental.  You could have asked for 
the g-code file or for an STL file.  I’m guessing that the OpenSCAD file was 
not human comprehensible.


But now that you say AI-generated OpenSCAD is possible, I’m thinking I might 
try making things like parameterized gears that way.   “Claude, make a spur 
gear modulo M, with face width F and number of teeth T, place the parameters 
near the top of the file.”

The trouble is that I want to design an entire machine, not just parts, and I 
want to use 3D CAD to examine and verify the range of movement and do a stress 
analysis.   Is English precise enough that I can prompt an AI to make 
replacement parts for a machine?

Let’s look at a typical part I made.  It is the lower leg assembly for a small 
quadruped robot.  It is simple, but could it be scribed in a prompt?  Or could 
it be directly designed in OpenSCAD?
https://a360.co/4jDQime




> On Sep 30, 2026, at 4:31 PM, maurice e heskett <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> 0On 9/30/26 17:15, andy pugh wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Sept 2026 at 22:07, Chris Albertson
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> About OpenSCAD, I challenge anyone to make a Milwaukee battery drill in 
>>> OpenSCAD.
>> FWIW I asked an AI (Claude) to create me an OpenSCAD file of a "95th
>> percentile handgrip with a trigger" and it created a valid file that
>> was not entirely dissimilar to the requested object.


_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to