On 9/25/26 13:31, maurice e heskett wrote:
On 9/25/26 12:12, Chris Albertson wrote:
You need to cross over the wires.     The labels Rx or Tx are always from the connector's point of view.
got that Chris, but even that connection needs a login/passwd. I don't recall having to do that with a similar hookup to my last BIG (meter cubed) 3d printer.  So now I need a card reader.

On Sep 25, 2026, at 8:19 AM, maurice e heskett <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi all;

When hooking up the rxd/txd from a 3 wire test cable, should I swap rx to tx & vice versa, response is silent when direct.

And I found this of stack-overflow:

|# Disable automatic screen blanking (idle) gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 0 # Disable screensaver/lock activation gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver idle-activation-enabled false |

Which has solved my other problem that only exists with vizio tv's.  Kills the screen blanker/saver that shuts down the HDMI, resetting the tv to an active input. PITA.

Posted in case it bites somebody else.

Cheers, Gene




_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users


_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to