I think the problem may be that your character is not encoded correctly if you are identifying the encoding as UTF-8. See here:
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/e9/index.htm In UTF-8 the character you are referring to would be encoded in two bytes as 0xC3 0xA9 (c3a9). I think your actual encoding is ISO Latin 1, either as ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-15 rather than UTF-8. http://www.pjb.com.au/comp/diacritics.html Mike ----------------------------------------- Michael C. Rawlins, Senior Software Engineer, GXS Sent from personal account On 11/21/2012 8:17 AM, bakster90 wrote: > > I am trying to translate an XML file that has a French letter ("e" > with acute or accent mark) to an 850. > This is hex E9. When translating I get the error: > com.sterlingcommerce.woodstock.workflow.WorkFlowException: Invalid > byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence. > > > Once the BP executes, checked current processes and The Business > Process Detail under Status column states: > Service Configuration Error > > The syntax tokens do have hex E9 as a valid character defined under > token X. > First the map had the validation (both left and right side of map) > defined as STRING with format FREE FORMAT. > Didn't work. I changed it to format X. Same error. > > Checked the encoding properties file and it does have UTF-8 listed. > > Using GIS 4.2 build 4220. > > Suggestions? > > ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
