Do you have a layout of what application fields you use and which one are 
absolutely required?  That would be your starting point.  With that info you 
could grab someone else's spec and modify it to meet your own.  Then you just 
need to add what you have that they do not, remove what they have that you do 
not (and isn't required for form).  

On Feb 21, 2012, at 8:46 AM, farmersedi wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I'm new to this form and new to EDI. I would like to obtain some information 
> on how to create ASN 856 EDI specifications for the company I work for. I've 
> scoured the internet for any general specifications for ASNs but have only 
> found ones that are tailored to a specific company. Could I use one of their 
> specifications and base mine on it or is there a way I can create it from 
> scratch? This will be the first time creating such a document.
> 
> Looking forward to any responses that can start me off on the right foot.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Chris Ritcey 
> EDI Coordinator/Programmer 
> Farmers Co-operative Dairy Limited 
> 
> 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to