On Wed, 2026-09-23 at 12:13 -0400, [email protected] wrote:
> You need to either tag your work with Assisted-by: if it is generated
> by an LLM. If you did the right thing and wrote it by hand and just
> used these tools for analysis, that's fine.
>
> FWIW, If this was entirely generated by an LLM, then this is quite a
> lot of work and I'm very hesitant to review this. Going off:
>
> https://github.com/danielcamposramos/awesome-linux-hdr
>
> I am very concerned just about all of the results here came out of an
> LLM, according to the LLM generated provenance file, which means an
> actual real person with experience working on this needs to go back and
> verify that all of this is correct. That is a lot of work, and the idea
> that my review comments are just going to get fed back into an LLM are
> not remotely encouraging to the effort of having to go through and have
> a real person look this over.

Thank you, Lyude, both points are fair.

The code was not written by hand: an AI partner wrote it under my direction, 
and I left out the Assisted-by tag the kernel documentation asks for. I will 
resend with it on every patch, and the Deep Color series gets the same.
Sorry for that detail: I disclosed it in the cover letter body, but the tag 
belongs on each patch.
For the record, the tools: both series were worked on inside Claude Code CLI 
and Codex CLI by several AI partners, Moonshot's Kimi, Zhipu's GLM, Anthropic's 
Claude, and OpenAI's GPT Astra and GPT Sol.

What was mine: I found the problem on my own bench (full-range pixels to a Sony 
without a VCDB), set the design rules (follow drm_hdmi_state_helper.c, use 
NVIDIA's open NVKMS as the hardware reference), and ran every hardware test 
myself, 25 configurations, checking bars and levels on the set.

The OCSC1 values were checked against NVKMS, not taken from the model's memory; 
the BT.601/709/2020 re-derivation was also done with the AI.

On awesome-linux-hdr: it is an index of links, not the evidence for this series.
Its provenance file names the AI partners for the source surveys; the hardware 
results are my bench measurements, and the logs for these patches are run27 and 
run28 in sony-bravia-linux (tools/stereo-modeset).

I read review comments and answer them myself.

Fixes will again be written with AI help, declared in each version, and tested 
on the same bench before they go out.

To make review cheaper, I can resend only patches 1 to 3 first (the header, the 
head programming, and Broadcast RGB, which fixes the visible range problem), or 
wait for whatever priority suits you or suites better. Feel free to also 
include it, if you want.

Daniel

Reply via email to