#29082: force_bytes from utils.encoding.py produces invalid JSON for 
RequestFactory
---------------------------+--------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Nick       |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug        |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Utilities  |                  Version:  2.0
     Severity:  Normal     |               Resolution:
     Keywords:             |             Triage Stage:  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  0          |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0          |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0          |                    UI/UX:  0
---------------------------+--------------------------------------

Comment (by Nick):

 That is the current solution I am using.

 Which leads me to say that for me I'd be happy using the default python
 `json` encoder - which is already imported.

 Maybe we could add an `_encode_json` method akin to the `_parse_json`
 method in `Client` which takes kwargs from the calling method although I'm
 loathe to add a `**kwargs` argument just to pass it into a json encoder.
 Maybe a `data_kwargs` argument which takes a dict?

 I'm of the opinion that not much customisation is required except maybe a
 custom serializer for some fields which you can do via `json.dumps`.

 Assuming we are only converting dictionaries code breakage should be null
 unless people are intentionally ingesting broken JSON only.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29082#comment:5>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/064.e2056c821cd5f4f8e33c2beb3ff9fc8a%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to