#28750: Django 2.0 should permit Meta.manager_inheritance_from_future
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Charlie Denton       |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  2.0
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:
                                     |  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Description changed by Charlie Denton:

Old description:

> I'm trying to make a library compatible with both django 1.11 and 2.0b1,
> but I've hit something of a snag.
>
> I have added `manager_inheritance_from_future` to the `Meta` class of my
> base model, which removes the following warning:
>
>     RemovedInDjango20Warning: Managers from concrete parents will soon
> qualify as default managers if they appear before any other managers in
> the MRO. ...you can switch to the new behavior right away by setting
> `Meta.manager_inheritance_from_future` to `True`.
>
> So far so good, unfortunately, now that I've added that for django 1.11,
> I'm getting this error on django 2.0b1:
>
>     TypeError: 'class Meta' got invalid attribute(s):
> manager_inheritance_from_future
>
> The `manager_inheritance_from_future` option was removed in
> 631f4ab06112aca5bd6a57b81159048f936050bf, but this is pretty frustrating.
> I'm not sure how to make this library compatible with both versions, as a
> result of this.
>
> Perhaps this removal was premature?

New description:

 I'm trying to make a library compatible with both django 1.11 and 2.0b1,
 but I've hit something of a snag.

 I have added `manager_inheritance_from_future` to the `Meta` class of my
 base model, which removes the following warning:

     RemovedInDjango20Warning: Managers from concrete parents will soon
 qualify as default managers if they appear before any other managers in
 the MRO. ...you can switch to the new behavior right away by setting
 `Meta.manager_inheritance_from_future` to `True`.

 So far so good. Unfortunately, now that I've added that for django 1.11,
 I'm getting this error on django 2.0b1:

     TypeError: 'class Meta' got invalid attribute(s):
 manager_inheritance_from_future

 The `manager_inheritance_from_future` option was removed in
 631f4ab06112aca5bd6a57b81159048f936050bf, but this is pretty frustrating.
 I'm not sure how to make this library compatible with both versions, as a
 result of this.

 Perhaps this removal was premature?

--

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28750#comment:2>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/063.74a1d236f7b408811c25f761d562de6f%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to