#28488: Django 1.11 to 1.11.4 raises CSRF verification failed if settings.DEBUG 
is
False
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Ruben Alves          |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  new
    Component:  CSRF                 |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Release blocker      |               Resolution:
     Keywords:  csrf failed          |             Triage Stage:
  settings debug false production    |  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Description changed by Ruben Alves:

Old description:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Django1.11 (and made tests also with Django1.11.4) and having
> problems when submitting a form with POST method.
>
> I'm calling the `{% csrf_token %}` inside of the form, so, this is not
> the problem.
> The problem when submitting the form is:
>
> Forbidden (403)
> CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
> More information is available with DEBUG=True.
>
> Then, in order to see "more information", I've enabled `settings.DEBUG`
> to `True` and submitted the form again. At this moment, the problem
> didn't happens anymore.
>
> So I've disabled `settings.DEBUG`, submitted again, and the problem was
> there. Enabled `DEBUG=True` again, problem has gone.
>
> Initially I thought that could be some error in my code,  but the same
> happens when I try to reset my password wit the
> `django.contrib.auth.views.password_reset` view.
>
> In my `settings.py`, I have the following changes that were made
> recently:
>
> `SECURE_PROXY_SSL_HEADER = ('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PROTO', 'https')`
> `SESSION_COOKIE_SECURE = True`
> `CSRF_COOKIE_SECURE = True`
>

> I use AWS (Amazon Web Service) Elastic Beanstalk with https enabled.
>
> The worst part is that I've discovered this only on production because I
> make all tests in my local machine with `DEBUG=True`, and on production,
> we set `DEBUG=False`.
>
> It's something related to the same error mentioned on Google Groups
> [https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/django-
> users/CSRF$20verification$20failed.$20Request$20aborted.$20More$20information$20is$20available$20with$20DEBUG$3DTrue.%7Csort:relevance
> /django-users/ISoJ6CwHOXQ/pirLih0jBgAJ]

New description:

 Hi all,

 I'm using Django1.11 (and made tests also with Django1.11.4) and having
 problems when submitting a form with POST method.

 I'm calling the `{% csrf_token %}` inside of the form, so, this is not the
 problem.
 The problem when submitting the form is:

 Forbidden (403)
 CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
 More information is available with DEBUG=True.

 Then, in order to see "more information", I've enabled `settings.DEBUG` to
 `True` and submitted the form again. At this moment, the problem didn't
 happens anymore.

 So I've disabled `settings.DEBUG`, submitted again, and the problem was
 there. Enabled `DEBUG=True` again, problem has gone.

 Initially I thought that could be some error in my code,  but the same
 happens when I try to reset my password wit the
 `django.contrib.auth.views.password_reset` view.

 In my `settings.py`, I have the following changes that were made recently:

 `SECURE_PROXY_SSL_HEADER = ('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PROTO', 'https')`
 `SESSION_COOKIE_SECURE = True`
 `CSRF_COOKIE_SECURE = True`


 I use AWS (Amazon Web Service) Elastic Beanstalk with https enabled.

 The worst part is that I've discovered this only on production because I
 make all tests in my local machine with `DEBUG=True`, and on production,
 we set `DEBUG=False`. Also, the error message should be shown only if
 `DEBUG=True`.

 It's something related to the same error mentioned on Google Groups
 [https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/django-
 
users/CSRF$20verification$20failed.$20Request$20aborted.$20More$20information$20is$20available$20with$20DEBUG$3DTrue.%7Csort:relevance
 /django-users/ISoJ6CwHOXQ/pirLih0jBgAJ]

--

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28488#comment:1>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/068.ac85c03447656c15e3d3638817da413a%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to