> On Oct 2, 2026, at 12:58 AM, Hyukjin Kwon <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> When a review is triggered
> 
> - A new PR is reviewed shortly after it's opened. Draft PRs are reviewed
>   once they're marked ready for review.

I would prefer automated reviews to be on explicit request, similar to 
Copilot’s UI on GitHub:



Is such a UI available to us so we can provide our own semi-official Apache 
Spark review agent? Something that doesn’t require a comment on the PR to tag 
the agent (which IMO would be annoying).

That would eliminate the noise of unwanted reviews or reviews from an agent 
that is not adding much value.

I also wonder if automated reviews would mislead contributors into thinking 
that their PR will get attention from a committer, which is still our biggest 
bottleneck. Of course, at the same time, it’s nicer for a committer to review a 
PR after it’s already been improved by AI feedback.

Overall, I’m supportive of experiments to improve code quality and help 
committers review PRs. But I still find LLMs to be verbose and to communicate 
in abstruse language. I wouldn’t want to see their writing all over the place, 
even though I use them every day in the privacy of my IDE.

So I guess my position on the idea is… ±0? :)

Nick

Reply via email to