Hi, Ignite has been running on JDK 21 since 2.16. The compilation issues were mostly in tests and Javadoc generation, not in the product. The tests used APIs that are no longer available in JDK 21, so the fixes were about updating the tests, not fixing broken functionality. As for IGNITE-29086, it's in performance statistics, not the core. The release dates aren't final yet, so there's still time to fix it before the release. If we don't make it, it can go into a hotfix. We'll never be able to say everything has been checked and there are no more bugs. Even the JDK itself gets regular bugfix releases for every version. I don't see he point in delaying the announcement further. We just need to respond to such issues faster, with more frequent releases or hotfixes. ________________________________ От: Aleksandr Chesnokov <[email protected]> Отправлено: 30 сентября 2026 г. 12:23 Кому: [email protected] <[email protected]> Тема: Re: Apache Ignite 2.19.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]
Hi all, +1 for the new release (non-binding). But I have some doubts about JDK 21 support. Two months ago Ignite couldn't even be compiled on JDK 21 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-28975). Also, a few days ago I found new JDK 21 bug related to performance statistics and I'm still investigating it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-29086 So could you clarify why you think we are ready to declare JDK 21 support? The fact that a number of JDK 21 fixes have already landed in master doesn't mean we have found all the bugs. It looks like we haven't looked for new ones enough yet. Best regards, Aleksandr Chesnokov
