+1 for the 2.19 release (non-binding).

I agree with Aleksandr on JDK 21, though. I don't think we're ready to call
it supported yet:

- Nothing tests JDK 21 regularly. I don't see a JDK 21 run in TeamCity, and
GitHub Actions only runs JDK 17.
- The JDK 21 fixes are recent and still arriving. Two landed in master last
week (IGNITE-28849, IGNITE-29069), and IGNITE-29086 is still open.

My proposal:
1. Release 2.19 with JDK 21 support marked as experimental in the release
notes.
2. Add a JDK 21 Run All to TeamCity and fix whatever it finds.
3. Declare full support in the next release, once that run has been stable
for a while.

What do you think?

ср, 30 сент. 2026 г. в 12:24, Aleksandr Chesnokov <[email protected]>:

> Hi all,
>
> +1 for the new release (non-binding). But I have some doubts about JDK 21
> support.
>
> Two months ago Ignite couldn't even be compiled on JDK 21 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-28975).
>
> Also, a few days ago I found new JDK 21 bug related to performance
> statistics and I'm still investigating it:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-29086
>
> So could you clarify why you think we are ready to declare JDK 21 support?
> The fact that a number of JDK 21 fixes have already landed in master
> doesn't mean we have found all the bugs. It looks like we haven't looked
> for new ones enough yet.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Aleksandr Chesnokov

Reply via email to