Just one comment from vacations since devrooms deadline submission is
tomorrow.

I believe (I only co-organised AI low level hacking devroom so far) -
FOSDEM organisers are usually accepting 'generic' devrooms - not tied with
particular organisations. So you might have a better chance of getting it
accepted if you do not frame it as ASF-only or ASF should not be mentioned
at all. This is the direction (and honest desire of mine) for the 'AI for
maintainers' devroom. I honestly want to listen to many people and
approaches they took on how AI can be used to help maintainers in their OSS
journey.

So maybe a better idea is to rephrase it to something more generic like AI
use in OSS organisations in general.

Just a thought that might help to frame it better.

J.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2026, 19:21 Andrew Musselman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all, I saw Rich's thread about stands, and Jarek's note that he
> submitted a dev room proposal for "AI for maintainers."
>
> Anyone else submitting dev room ideas for the ASF? Another one I'll put in
> is "AI at the ASF," which would cover everything from Magpie and
> Sourcelume, to llm.apache.org, Gofannon, and Memory, the whole RAI
> package.
>
> By end of January we might have evals (Touchstone) and ASF-originated
> models (Frontier) to talk about, who knows.
>
> Best
> Andrew
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>
>

Reply via email to