On Tue, 2026-10-06 at 08:33 -0700, Soren Stoutner wrote: > On Monday, October 5, 2026 8:43:24 AM Mountain Standard Time Jan > Claeys wrote: > > On Fri, 2026-10-02 at 21:16 -0700, Soren Stoutner wrote: > > > There appears to be no use for EOT fonts in Debian (Debian has no > > > packages that can display them, no modern browser on the web can > > > display them). > > > > The only use case I can still see is if you have web content that > > needs to be displayed with a specific font on embedded/IoT Windows > > clients (e.g. some industrial barcode scanners/tablets), which > > appears to be the only platform where IE is still supported.
I should say that many such devices run Android nowadays. > That is a good point. Looking over the list of EOT fonts attached to > the grandparent email, do you see any that you think might be > targeting embedded/IoT Windows clients? I don't know all of those packages, but anything that is only documentation I wouldn't worry about removing EOT (and possibly SVG fonts too). ERP software like Tryton maybe? In general, upstream for each package would be the best place to get an answer, so maybe the policy (and maybe the linter) can suggest that? -- Jan Claeys (please don't CC me when replying to the list)

