My thanks to Elwyn Soutter and Janet Fairless for their suggestions on how to proceed in searching for James Ewing (1803-1847) married to Elizabeth Bell (abt 1808-1842). Since I know so little of their history I’ve been focusing on William Ewing and his wife, Margery Hopper, two people who were closely associated with my ancestors in the town of Newton Hamilton, Mifflin, Pennsylvania, US. Ideally I can find an area in County Tyrone with Ewing, Bell and Hopper families as a place to begin. Elwyn pointed out that there is no Tullyvannon in the Parish of Errigal Keerogue, Tyrone. I had copied an error in another researcher’s post without checking it first. As Elwyn also points out, James and Elizabeth Bell EWING left Northern Ireland by 1826, and church and civil records may not exist for the time period.
The correct locations mentioned for Denny Hopper, father-in-law of William Ewing in Newton Hamilton, are birth in Armalgughey, Civil Parish of Carnteel, County Tyrone; marriage in Ballygawley, Civil Parish of Errigal Keerogue, Tyrone; and then Tullyvannon, Civil Parish of Killeeshil, County Tyrone, where he resided later on. I don’t have any locations more specific for his son-in-law, William Ewing, than County Tyrone. Thank you, Janet, for starting the idea that family members did not always follow each other when they immigrated. That was not something I had considered. Karen Miller Wilmette, Illinois, USA _______________________________________________ CoTyroneList Mailing List Mailing List Email Address: [email protected] Change Your Preferences: http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

