I am trying to determine WHERE in County Tyrone my ancestors, James Ewing and 
his wife Elizabeth Bell, came from.  James Ewing was born about 1803 in 
Northern Ireland, probably in County Tyrone, and died in Newton Hamilton, 
Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, USA in 1847.  He immigrated to the US with his 
wife, Elizabeth Bell Ewing,  and baby son, William R. Ewing, in 1826.  I 
haven’t been able to trace him.  He is closely associated with William Ewing 
who came to Newton Hamilton in 1836.  Since I know a lot more about William 
Ewing’s family than my own ancestor, I’ve been trying to establish a link 
between the two men.  I’d like advice on how to proceed.

William Ewing was born 21 Jul 1802 in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, and was 
married to Marjory Hopper about 1829.  The Hopper researchers have been busy.  
Marjory Hopper’s father, Dennis Hopper, has been found in the Parish of Errigal 
Keerogue and the Townland of Tullyvannon.  I don’t have a marriage record for 
William Ewing and Marjory Hopper, nor do I have one for my ancestor, James 
Ewing and Elizabeth Bell who were probably married about 1824 in County Tyrone. 
 Both men were Presbyterians.

I’d appreciate suggestions, and especially would like to hear from any other 
Ewing researchers.

Thank you
Karen Miller
Wilmette, Illinois, USA
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
Change Your Preferences: 
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

Reply via email to