I'm tying to locate family members (and/or obtain documents of my ancestors) 
from Tyron, Northern Ireland.  Would you please post the following message to 
the website?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely, Robert Shelton


Hello, my name is Robert Shelton.  I live in Colorado, USA and am researching 
family history on the Thompson/Kyle family from Tyrone, Ireland.  I received 
documentation from earlier research completed by Mr. Leland Puttcamp back in 
the mid 1980s. For whatever reason, the research was discontinued so I’m 
picking it back up.  I will be traveling to Northern Ireland in April/May of 
this year (2018).  I hope to find documentation (birth certificates, marriage 
certificates of family members).  It would also be wonderful to find living 
relatives in the area.

The Thompson’s immigrated to the US in 1848 (according to US census data).  The 
Kyle family most likely immigrated earlier, but I don’t have any leads on this 
information.



My ancestors are:

William Thompson (born abt. 1977) and Letitia Kyle (born abt 1870)

David W Thompson (born abt. 1844) and Margaret J Allen (born abt. 1845)



> William and Letitia Thompson had several children: David, John, Robert, 
> William, Mary E, James, Thomas, Gregory, Joseph, Samuel and Ellen J.

> David and Margaret had the following children: James, Gertrude, Margaret E, 
> Rhoda Ella, and William.



Parents of Letitia Kyle were Robert Kyle (born abt. 1779) and Letitia Kincaid 
(born abt. 1776)

Parents of Margaret J Allen were James Allen (born abt. 1803) and Margaret 
McCartney (born abt. 1806)



During the time Mr. Puttcamp was researching my family ancestors, he was 
communicating with Mrs. Hazel Kyle Henderson (great-great granddaughter of 
Gregory Kyle (brother of Letitia Kyle).  Hazel Kyle Henderson passed away in 
2009 (I believe), but may still have living relatives in the area.



If anyone has information on my family lineage, I would be so grateful to hear 
from you.  My email is [email protected]



My lineage:


William and Letitia Kyle

>David and Margaret (Kyle) Thompson

>>Samuel Henry and Margaret E (Thompson) Shelton

>>>Harley E and Irene Marie (Lake) Shelton

>>>>Larry Neal and Catherine Mae (Wilkerson) Shelton

>>>>>Robert Shelton of Colorado (me)
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to