On Wed, Sep 23, 2026, 09:55 Collin Funk <[email protected]> wrote:
> Pádraig Brady <[email protected]> writes: > > > For the moment I've applied your original patch, > > after removing support for these obsolete formats: > > .ace, .alz, .apk, .arc, .arj, .bz, .zoo > > Is .apk really obsolete? I think Alpine packages and side loaded Android > applications use that extension. It seems your patch didn't remove it > anyways > > Collin I suspect that a number of 80s/90s BBS preservationists who are now starting whole new systems on telnet with period correct software, might be disappointed at .ace, .arc, .arj, and .zoo missing. APK definitely is used by: alpine and openwrt[using alpine's package manager, and a relatively new change from opkg] among other distros, as well as being overloaded as the zip file containing an android app. Can't remove that for the next few decades ;) Mike
