About the MX104 and ACX5000.... I have ~7,000 dsl customers being nat'd behind /24 of address space on a pair of MX104's... they run nicely on two mpls l3vpn's... nat inside vrf (ri) and nat outside vrf (ri)
I have deployed (~30) ACX5048's as mpls p's and pe's and they are running well. I have hit a bug with VPLS that requires a vpls routing-instance bounce to revive, but JTAC just told me the PR is hitting D20 software and fixed in D25.... still need to test that. But all in all, I like the ACX5048's. -Aaron -----Original Message----- From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mark Tinka Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:16 AM To: Mark Mason <[email protected]>; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco ASR vs Juniper On 5/9/17 7:29 PM, Mark Mason wrote: > Alright crowd...Ready the rifles and prepare for battle...Cisco ASR or Juniper. Cost, operability, chassis lifespan new vs. old, memory requirements, etc. So many details. Feel free to take the post anywhere you'd like. I'm really liking the new ASR1000 family of routers. But we did the month since December last year, and any way we cut it, the MX480 works out cheaper. Stay away from the MX104 or ACX5000. Mark. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
