EoMPLS is supported, it will give you a layer 2 tunnel if MPLS is enabled in the core.

On 5/12/2014 6:00 PM, Pete Lumbis wrote:
I can't find info that says they are supported, but I'd assume not.


On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Ivan<[email protected]>  wrote:

Thanks Pete. Do you know if any of the other tunnelling modes are
supported?

   ipip    IP over IP encapsulation
   ipsec   IPSec tunnel encapsulation
   ipv6    Generic packet tunneling in IPv6
   ipv6ip  IPv6 over IP encapsulation

Thanks

Ivan

GRE is not supported on the ASR901.


On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Ivan<[email protected]>  wrote:

I have some Cisco ASR901s and would like to have a layer 2 or layer 3
tunnel between them over a layer 3 network.

I have configured GRE and tunnel is up and it is possible to ping the
remote ends.  All looks good from the control plane side but I am not
having success with traffic being forwarded.

Although I have been able to configure this as far as I can tell there
is
nothing in the doco for this.  I am thinking it maybe one of those "you
can configure but not supported" things.

Can anyone confirm if GRE tunnels or similar are actually supported?

Hardware: ASR 901
Software: 15.4(1)S1
License Level: IPBase

Thanks

Ivan

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to