I needed to load an SDM template that supported v6. This was on C3750 and C3650.
COR01.XXX#sh sdm prefer The current template is "desktop IPv4 and IPv6 routing" template. ... COR01.XXX#ping FD00:1:10:64:0:24::2 Type escape sequence to abort. Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to FD00:1:10:64:0:24:0:2, timeout is 2 seconds: !!!!! Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 0/1/8 ms On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Mack McBride <[email protected]>wrote: > You should try a link local ping across. > If that works then something is blocking the ICMP. > You need to make sure your ACLs are not blocking link local, > ND, ICMP echo, multicast, path MTU discovery or any of the > other critical ICMP messages. > > You also need to make sure both end points have IPv6 fully enabled. > > Mack McBride | Network Architect | ViaWest, Inc. > O: 720.891.2502 | [email protected] | www.viawest.com | LinkedIn | > Twitter > | YouTube > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of > Scott Voll > Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:07 AM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] IPv6 in the lab...... > > So I may be dense or something, but if I have two devices on a Vlan with > IPv6 addresses in the same network, why would I not be able to ping them? > > Is there something I have to do on layer 2 switches in order to allow the > icmpv6 to flow? > > Switches are 3560's and nexus 5500/2k's > > TIA > > Scott > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > -- Bill Blackford Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges..... _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
