Thanks Oli, also it appears that you must police in 64 k increments... But why doesn't it change the burst when I police at 192 kbps, but it does change burst when I police at 256 kbps... ? 1598 * 2 = 3196.... interestingly it added one more byte... 3197....then when I go up to 64 k more, it added 2 bytes. But when I added the next 64 k increment to 384 k policing it goes to exactly 1598 * 3 = 4794 ! Does any of that make sense? ...is it explainable somehow ? maybe there is a document somewhere with a scale chart that shows at each increment what it will do for built-in burst values and why.
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)# police rate 191 kbps RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#commi .... Conform: 128 kbps (191 kbps) Burst: 1598 bytes (0 Default) .... RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)# police rate 192 kbps RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#commi .... Conform: 192 kbps (192 kbps) Burst: 1598 bytes (0 Default) .... RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#police rate 256 k RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#commi .... Conform: 256 kbps (256 kbps) Burst: 3197 bytes (0 Default) .... RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#police rate 319 k RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#commi RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#do sh qos int g0/0/0/10 o | in Burst Conform: 256 kbps (319 kbps) Burst: 3197 bytes (0 Default) RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#police rate 321 k RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#commi RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#do sh qos int g0/0/0/10 o | in Burst Conform: 320 kbps (321 kbps) Burst: 3199 bytes (0 Default) RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#police rate 384 k RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#commi RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:sv-b-9k-test1(config-pmap-c-police)#do sh qos int g0/0/0/10 o | in Burst Conform: 384 kbps (384 kbps) Burst: 4794 bytes (0 Default) Aaron _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
