Thanks Pete. I'll keep this in mind if the config-register doesn't do the trick.

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Templin [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:31 PM
To: Abello, Vinny
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Catalyst 6506 continually rebooting after mls cef 
maximum-routes ip change

On 5/30/13 8:27 AM, [email protected] wrote:

> Any hints as what to look for on this switch to determine why
> increasing the maximum IPv4 routes won't stick and causes it to
> reboot every 5 minutes? I suspected maybe it's short on some
> resources like RAM or something, but it seems to be identical to my
> working ones from all the show mls commands I'm checking.

I've had similar issues, and I'm fairly certain that the SP config 
register was correct at 0x2102.  For me, the only successful fix has been a:

copy run bootflash:snapshot
write erase
reload
set the max routes, reboot
confirm the max routes
copy bootflash:snapshot run
(no-shut everything relevant)
copy run start
reload
confirm the max routes
breathe a sigh of relief

I wish I knew better what the underlying issue was.

pt


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to