Someone offlist had me check the config-register of the SP and sure enough it 
was set to 0x42 instead of 0x2102. He told me he had that happen before so I 
will correct this and give it another try. Just replying to my own post in case 
this helps anyone in the future.

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Abello, 
Vinny
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Catalyst 6506 continually rebooting after mls cef 
maximum-routes ip change

Hello,

I've got quite a few Catalyst 6500 series switches kicking around, many of 
which are carrying full routes, so I recently started upping the maximum IPv4 
routes on the Sup720-3BXL from 512k to 768k. This worked fine across all 
switches I've done so far except one. I had this odd behavior where after I 
rebooted the switch, a show mls cef maximum-routes still showed the default 
values and in addition it was indicating in that output that the switch would 
be rebooted within x amount of time, which it did... over and over in the same 
pattern. It would come up and still be at the default values and state it will 
be rebooting again in a few minutes. I reverted back to the default values and 
it stopped. The switch in question is running 12.2(18)SXF17b (due to a legacy 
card I need to replace that isn't recognized beyond this release). I have 
several others with a pretty identical configuration (as far as I know) that 
accepted the change without issue.

Any hints as what to look for on this switch to determine why increasing the 
maximum IPv4 routes won't stick and causes it to reboot every 5 minutes? I 
suspected maybe it's short on some resources like RAM or something, but it 
seems to be identical to my working ones from all the show mls commands I'm 
checking.

Thanks!

-Vinny
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to