As promised, I report back, sorry for the delay...
I can confirm that this method worked fine for me!

The only captcha that I had (I've forgotten about it and took me a while to 
figure out) is that the address has a question mark that can't be entered if 
you don't do it correctly, and that's why it didn't work for me before.
Before inserting the question mark you need to press <Ctrl+V> and only then the 
question mark

So, below here are the settings that worked for me, based on what James posted, 
with a little addition I've found on some forum

ip ddns update method DynDNS
 HTTP
  add http://xxxx:[email protected]/nic/update <CTRL+V> 
?system=dyndns&hostname=<h>&myip=<a>
 interval maximum 1 0 0 0
!
interface Dialer0
 ip ddns update hostname xxxx.ath.cx
 ip ddns update DynDNS host members.dyndns.org

Thanks!
Ziv

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ziv Leyes
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Dynamic dns on a cisco ios router

I'll definitely try this at home and report back!
Thanks,
Ziv

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of James Paussa
Sent: Tuesday 31 May 2011 12:05
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Dynamic dns on a cisco ios router

Hi,
Had this come up in a job I was just doing on the weekend on a 857w running 
12.4(6)T6 ADVSECURITYK9-M. Here is the config I have working with it:
ip ddns update method domain_ddns
  HTTP
   add
http://xxxx:[email protected]/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=<h>&myip=<a>
  interval maximum 1 0 0 0
!
interface Dialer1
  ip ddns update hostname domain.ath.cx
  ip ddns update domain_ddns
!

Couple of things to note, I had to clear the dialer to get it to update and 
updates were a bit flakey till I added 'interval maximum 1 0 0 0'.


On 31/05/2011 4:59 AM, ccie wrote:
> Debug ip ddns update
>
> !Nothing
Unfortunately I can't help you with debug on this, worked first time for me.
> ip ddns update method mytest
>
> HTTP
>
>    add http://xxxxx:[email protected]/nic/update?system=dyndns
> <http://xxxxx:[email protected]/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=%3ch
> %3e&myip=%3ca>  &hostname=<h>&myip=<a>
>
> interval maximum 1 0 0 0
>
>
I am not sure if your client or mine has added some extra characters to 
that add http line but it doesn't look right.

Regards,
James.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************




The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments is 
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity 
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you 
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this 
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication 
in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender, and then 
delete the message from your computer.  Thank you!

******** This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.********



 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************




The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments is 
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity 
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you 
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this 
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication 
in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender, and then 
delete the message from your computer.  Thank you!

******** This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.********



 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to