Sorry for following up to my own posting slowly, but have been kind of under the weather for a bit here.. :(
Anyway I was saying that WPA-PSK was working fine, but I was trying to figure out how to just use the radius server in the AP to do WPA-Enterprise using the PEAP support in Windows 7/Vista. Someone did respond to me privately and stated that the Radius server in the AP does NOT support PEAP, only LEAP, so that could easily explain why I just can't make WPA using PEAP work. Seems I need to use the M$ radius server, or some other radius option to make it work with PEAP. I may do that, or just stick with WPA2-PSK, as that is working like a charm, and I only need to support it for about a half dozen logins.. So I guess in closing, it seems the Cisco AP wants to use LEAP/EAP-TTLS, and M$ wants to use PEAP, and they don't support each others protocol. So I need a supplicant to add the support to windows, or I need a Radius server that will support PEAP, then AP can talk to.. So much for simple.. LOL --- Howard Leadmon > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Tony Varriale > Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:51 AM > To: 'cisco-nsp' > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco AIRONET WPA-Enterprise w/Windows question.. > > It doesn't help me as I already know. That's why I was responding to the > original poster. > > Maybe you could try that? > > tv > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Scott McGrath" <[email protected]> > To: "'cisco-nsp'" <[email protected]> > Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 12:47 PM > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco AIRONET WPA-Enterprise w/Windows question.. > > > > Since there is WPA-PSK and WPA2 often known as Enterprise, > > > > The real difference is that WPA-PSK uses a fixed 'pre-shared' key to > > encrypt the link between the AP and the supplicant, Enterprise assumes > > that a RADIUS server is available to authenticate the session and set > the > > key for the session. What has not been discussed is what protocol is > > being used for these PEAP and/or EAP-TTLS are valid choices, > > > > The encryption scheme is 'better' on enterprise as the key is not known > > before session instantiation, But WPA-PSK (aka Personal) and WPA2 both > > use the same cipher set to protect the session so the link is as secure > > but if the key is disclosed to unauthorized users the wireless network > > effectively has no security whereas WPA2 uses a user database and if the > > user's credentials are disclosed the endpoint can be deauthenticated and > > the users credentials changed. Whereas WPA-PSK requires > reconfiguration > > of the AP(s) and supplicant reconfiguration, > > > > Hope this helps > > > > - Scott > > > > Tony Varriale wrote: > >> What type of "enterprise" are you interested in? What's your user > >> database? > >> > >> tv > >> ----- Original Message ----- > >> From: "Howard Leadmon" <[email protected]> > >> To: "'cisco-nsp'" <[email protected]> > >> Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:35 PM > >> Subject: [c-nsp] Cisco AIRONET WPA-Enterprise w/Windows question.. > >> > >> > >> > >>> I have a question hopefully someone can give me a pointer or shed > some > >>> light on.. > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> I have both an Aironet 1242AG and now a 1252AG access point, which are > >>> working fine. I have WPA2-Personal with a shared key setup and > running > >>> great as well. As it was my impression that Vista and Win7 both > >>> supported > >>> Enterprise authentication, which I figured would be better and more > >>> secure > >>> than using the personal shared key stuff. > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> I have tried, and googled, and I for the life of me just can't seem to > >>> get > >>> Enterprise auth going.. Does anyone have any docs on getting the > >>> Aironet > >>> and Windows to play together, configs, or links to info that will > help? > >>> Just FYI, I am trying to use the radius server built into the AP, as I > >>> figured that would be simple enough, hopefully doing that is ok.. > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> --- > >>> > >>> Howard Leadmon > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> _______________________________________________ > >>> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > >>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > >> > >> _______________________________________________ > >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > >> > > > > _______________________________________________ > > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
