We went in that direction in our latest deployment and discovered also that many pieces were missing in IOS and IOS-XR to have full management in a dedicated VRF for all our devices.

At this stage we have the VRF but not all management goes there... so there is more complexity and network is no more secure... I must admit IOS-XR gives us more troubles as more management features are missing in VRF's.

Maybe for a pure IOS network there could be an added value (?)

Regards,
Jerome





Peter Rathlev a écrit :
I'm a little curious since there have been so many threads about running
management stuff in VRFs. I've until now considered VRFs something for
customers only; management is in the global table.

Is management from a VRF to be considered "best practice"?

What are the benefits from using a VRF for this?

I assume everyone uses infrastructure ACLs so the VRF thingy shouldn't
be any more "secure". Or should it?

Regards,
Peter




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

--
-------------------------------------------------------------
Jerome Durand

Responsable des services aux usagers
Services operations & support manager

            Réseau National de Télécommunications
     pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

Tel:    +33 (0) 1 53 94 20 40  |  GIP RENATER
Fax:    +33 (0) 1 53 94 20 41  |  c/o ENSAM
E-mail: [email protected]     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hôpital
http://www.renater.fr          |  75013 PARIS
--------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to