Hi all,

I didn't find a way to get the attributes just via configuration, but I did
it by implementing a custom PrincipalResolver which extends
PersonDirectoryPrincipalResolver, and there, when in presence of
SAML2Credentials, add my attribute retrieval method based on
SAMLCredentialPersonAttributeDao.
I then registered the new PrincipalResolver by adding a bean, with id
"personDirectoryPrincipalResolver" and defined as primary, in
deployerConfigContext.xml
<https://toolbox.sia.eu/bitbucket/projects/PCAS/repos/cas5/browse/src/main/resources/deployerConfigContext.xml?at=refs%2Fheads%2Ffeature%2FPC-23-migrazione-a-cas-5>
in
src/main/resources.
This way, any SAML2Credential can retrieve attributes from the IDP and pass
them on to the autoconfigured Merging and Cache attribute repositories.

I hope this helps anyone else in the same situation.

Alessandro

Il giorno mer 23 ago 2017 alle ore 16:33 Andy Ng <[email protected]> ha
scritto:

> Although I don't have an answer to your problem and I can't really help
> you most likely, I still want to suggest you try implementing something to
> see if it works or not.
>
> In CAS 5.2.0-RC1 or above, there is a feature called "Attribute Repository
> Merging"
>
>
> https://apereo.github.io/2017/06/30/520rc1-release/#026-attribute-repository-merging
>
> From my use case, upgrading to CAS 5.2.0-RC1 seems to help with merging
> the attribute through the authentication and principal solution process.
> Since my use case is different from yours so I don't know whether it will
> help you or not, but I think it might worth a try to upgrade your CAS
> to 5.2.0-RC1 to try if attributes are released.
>
> -Andy
>
>
> On Wednesday, 23 August 2017 15:00:12 UTC+8, Alessandro Putzu wrote:
>>
>> Anyone? More precisely, how can I add the
>> SAMLCredentialPersonAttributeDao to the list of attribute repositories?
>> I tried defining a deployerConfigContext.xml in my CAS overlay
>> installation with a PersonDirectoryPrincipalResolver (and
>> SAMLCredentialPersonAttributeDao) as attribute repository, set as primary
>> bean, but it is not picked up when authenticating.
>>
>> Anyone has suggestions?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Il giorno martedì 22 agosto 2017 16:28:16 UTC+2, Alessandro Putzu ha
>> scritto:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone, I configured the CAS server with SAML 2 delegated IDP as in
>>> the subject, but when I log in to CAS the SAML attributes are not cascaded
>>> to the CAS client. The situation on the server is as follows:
>>>
>>> - The Service is configured with
>>>   "attributeReleasePolicy" : {
>>>     "@class" :
>>> "org.apereo.cas.services.ReturnAllowedAttributeReleasePolicy",
>>>     "allowedAttributes" : [ "java.util.ArrayList", [ "nome", "userid",
>>> "profilo", "email" ] ]
>>>   }
>>>
>>> - The Credential object is correctly populated and contains all
>>> attributes from SAML.
>>> - The method PersonDirectoryPrincipalResolver.resolve() retrieves the
>>> correct Principal.
>>> - The same method calls "retrievePersonAttributes(String, Credential)"
>>> and there, attributes from the Credential object are silently discarded and
>>> the Principal goes on with no attributes.
>>>
>>> On the docs
>>> https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.1.x/integration/Attribute-Resolution.html
>>> it is mentioned that it's possible to configure multiple Attribute
>>> Repositories, but I couldn't find how to do so. Also I can't understand why
>>> the attributes on the SAMLCredential resource are discarded.
>>>
>>> Can you help me?
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>> --
> - CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
> - CAS mailing list guidelines:
> https://apereo.github.io/cas/Mailing-Lists.html
> - CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
> - CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/0bf7298e-54e4-46fc-acfb-f3d7d7dcad66%40apereo.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/0bf7298e-54e4-46fc-acfb-f3d7d7dcad66%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

-- 
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- CAS mailing list guidelines: https://apereo.github.io/cas/Mailing-Lists.html
- CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAJ5OwEfM%3DxL-Nm7FuWefi12WzcaacaMqm%3DYNF8DPnbM5mspxXw%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to