> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2026 11:22:09 +0200 > From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]> > Cc: [email protected], [email protected] > > On Fri, Oct 09, 2026 at 08:37:08AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2026 18:54:58 +0200 > > > From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]> > > > Cc: [email protected], [email protected] > > > > > > > AFAIR, Gnulib already knows how to convert Posix locale names to > > > > Windows, so if you use Gnulib code, you should be okay. > > > > > > I am a bit confused by this Posix locale names conversion, if, as I > > > imagine, the files/directories based on POSIX locale names are used > > > during installations. > > > > Which files/directories do you have in mind here? > > I have in mind .mo files with translations for the diverse Posix locales.
That must rely on the gettext ability to identify the correct .mo file on Windows, which I think uses the Gnulib conversion of the locale names. Bruno will correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIR the .mo file to be used is determined by the call to setlocale with either LC_ALL or LC_MESSAGES, with the argument of the locale's name. If Texinfo uses the Posix local names, this can only work if the Gnulib conversion is in effect under the hood.
