> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2026 14:02:37 +0200 > From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]> > Cc: [email protected], [email protected] > > On Fri, Oct 09, 2026 at 02:27:06PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2026 10:46:07 +0200 > > > From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]> > > > > > > > It reminds me of the broken "Cygwin/MinGW" platform which I believe was > > > > also on the Github CI. I found some old emails about it. > > > > > > It has something in common, in that it is a native Windows platform. > > > But the similarity ends there, since the shell is completly different in > > > the new platform and also probably the Windows runtime is different. Eli > > > could correct me, but my understanding is that the new platforms are > > > more similar to the platform Eli tested previously, in particular the > > > platform he tested the previous release on. But it is not the same > > > either, Eli platform is, to my understanding, oldish on some aspects, > > > one being the MS-Windows runtime (it is not clear to me what are the > > > other differences, if any). > > > > Since the compiler is Clang, it is different from GCC I use. > > Sorry, I was not clear, I was speaking about the MSYS2 mingw gcc ucrt > platform here, not the MSYS2 mingw clang platforms.
Then the only difference is in the runtime: UCRT vs MSVCRT. The former is more modern and more ANSI-compatible.
