Follow-up Comment #3, bug #68727 (group groff):

Hi Ingo,

At 2026-10-01T16:52:49-0400, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> Follow-up Comment #2, bug #68727 (group groff):
>
> [comment #1 comment #1:]
>> -.if '\\*[qrf*caller]'' .@abort qrf*caller string not initialized
>> +.if \\*[qrf*file]'' .@abort qrf*caller string not initialized
>
> I did not test, but purely from code inspection, this looks wrong.

I _did_ test.

I'll go to the Savannah web interface and attach my input file and
before-and-after PDFs.

> The existing condition looks like a string comparison to me, with the
> meaning "expand the string and test whether the result is empty."

Yes, roughly.

> In the new condition, the opening single quote of the condition
> appears to have been accidentally deleted,

You're right!  I'm shocked that worked!

Fixed in my working copy.

> so the first character of the file name will be misinterpreted as the
> delimiter, or if that character is c, d, e, n, or r, really weird
> stuff is likely to happen.  Right?

It _should_, and yet--it worked even with the broken syntax!

I'm going to have to ponder on that.

> Also, is it really such a good idea to test qrf*file and if that's
> empty, write an error message about qrf*caller?

Another good catch.

Thanks!



    _______________________________________________________

Reply to this item at:

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?68727>

_______________________________________________
Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to