Adding the "wait=0" option to the checkin command will eliminate the need for the request reply.
~Rick -----Original Message----- From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Roger Deschner Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 1:45 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape volume checkin problem Go back to the activity log for the time when you were checking it in to see if the process produced any error messages. These messages will not appear in your session or screen where you issued the checkin command - they are only in the activity log. When I'm checking in tapes, I usually open a second dsmadmc session with the "-console" flag, so I can see all the messages as they happen. Also do not forget to to reply. I forget this often myself. After you put new tapes in, and you give the checkin command, it may be waiting for you to reply that you've put the tapes where you said you would, such as in the load port. After 60 minutes, it times out and gives up if you have not replied. Use the command "q request", which will give you a request number. Answer the request with "reply N" whee N is the request number. I would also suggest running the lbtest program, to see whether or not your new tape is even in the inventory. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21326205 Roger Deschner University of Illinois at Chicago [email protected] Academic Computing & Communications Center On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, mkarthikeyan08 wrote: >Sir, > When i try to checkin my used tape volume in 3582 tape library connected to window, I am ending with status success. I can see the volume in the TSM MMC and control panel inventory. But the volume does not listed when i give the command query libvol. Anybody help me in this issue. Thanks in Advance > >Thanks > >+---------------------------------------------------------------------- >|This was sent by [email protected] via Backup Central. >|Forward SPAM to [email protected]. >+---------------------------------------------------------------------- >
