Hi,

> On 15 Dec 2023, at 15:32, Maximilian Wilhelm <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi folks,
> 
> Anno domini 2023 Peter Hessler scripsit:
> 
>> I still support the proposal as-is.  The proposed change does not
>> weaken any data that is in the database, and in fact may allow it to be
>> more obvious that these address ranges are used by end users rather than
>> be unclear what their status is.
>> 
>> Furthermore, I will state that Denis' objections are not relevant to the
>> proposal.  The proposers, various people on the lists (including myself),
>> and the RIPE NCC themselves all state the opposite of what Denis is
>> saying.  In addition the proposers have, in my opinion, addressed the
>> concerns stated.
> 
> +1 to what Peter said.
> 
> Cheers,
> Max

I’ll add my +1 as well. I think this discussion has brought the issue to the 
attention of this community extensively. After reading the history on this 
mailing list and looking at the impact analysis, I think we have reached the 
point in rough consensus where Denis’ concerns have been addressed, but not 
accommodated. This is a valid outcome: "Rough consensus is achieved when all 
issues are addressed, but not necessarily accommodated”

Cheers,
Sander


-- 

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, get a password reminder, or change your 
subscription options, please visit: 
https://lists.ripe.net/mailman/listinfo/address-policy-wg

Reply via email to