Intra = within the region
Inter = between regions

On 8/15/22 11:10 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
In message <[email protected]>,
Tyrasuki <[email protected]> wrote:

As Bogdan mentioned, these seem to be a bunch of intra-RIR transfers.
I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing that.  What makes you think that this was
other than a set of***simple intra-company transfers (and NOT a set of 
inter-RIR transfers)? *
I just checked the biggest block (77.220.64.0/19) at the URL that people
here gave me, and it appears that this came from a company called
"Internet One SRL" which appears to be located in Romania.

Last time I looked, Romania was still within the RIPE region, so I wonder
how you concluded that this was an inter-RIR transfer.

I'm not sure if it has ever been explained why (if it has my apologies
for the obliviousness), but any transfer of v4 or v6 seems to
"re-create" the RIPE Database object, thus the very recent date.
Worse, I can't get full history (from WHOIS) on the blocks.

But I think this (WHOIS full history) problem/issue was discussed awhile
back on the DB Working group mailing list, and I think the decision was
reached to try to make available fully histories of blocks, even across
inter-company transfers.

But it seems like maybe that didn't quite get fully implemented yet.


Regards,
rfg

--

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
[email protected]       Tel: +27.826010496 <tel:+27826010496>
For fast, reliable, low cost Internet in ZA: https://ftth.posix.co.za <https://ftth.posix.co.za>

Posix SystemsVCARD for MJ Elkins

Attachment: OpenPGP_0xB6FA15470B82C101.asc
Description: application/pgp-keys

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

-- 

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, get a password reminder, or change your 
subscription options, please visit: 
https://lists.ripe.net/mailman/listinfo/address-policy-wg

Reply via email to