Hi Ronald,
As Bogdan mentioned, these seem to be a bunch of intra-RIR transfers.
I'm not sure if it has ever been explained why (if it has my apologies
for the obliviousness), but any transfer of v4 or v6 seems to
"re-create" the RIPE Database object, thus the very recent date.
I noticed this recently on an allocation we split up and transferred a
part from, the date was set to the day of the transfer on both the old
and the new object.
If you take a look at the alloclist file[1], or the delegated-latest[2],
you can see the original allocation date by the RIPE NCC to the original
receiver.
RIPEstat also shows a transfer has taken place, which is easy for a
quick check.
Though, the widget does not show WHO transferred said objects.
Cheers,
Tyrasuki
https://tyrasuki.be
F587 F089 1655 A5E0
---
[1]: https://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/stats/membership/alloclist.txt
[2]: https://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/stats/delegated-ripencc-latest
On 8/15/2022 10:41 AM, Bogdan Rotariu wrote:
On Aug 15, 2022, at 11:19, Ronald F. Guilmette <[email protected]>
wrote:
In message <[email protected]>,
Marco Schmidt <[email protected]> wrote:
On 15/08/2022 09:16, Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,
On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 12:10:49AM -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
What is the maximum size for current new IPv4 allocations in the RIPE
region?
/24 "if there is something to distribute at all"
Just to confirm what Gert said.
For more information please feel free to check our website about IPv4
https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/ipv4
as well the underlying RIPE policy which was published in November 2019
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-733#51
Thank you for the confirmation. Unfortunately, I remain rather mystified
by how the following IPv4 blocks, and the current RIPE WHOIS records that
pertain to them, comport with what you and Gert have just now told me.
Perhaps there is something that I am missing (?)
ORG-AS976-RIPE:
31.44.32.0/20 created: 2022-06-24T06:46:34Z
46.21.16.0/21 created: 2022-06-24T06:46:34Z
46.21.28.0/22 created: 2022-06-24T06:46:34Z
77.220.64.0/19 created: 2022-06-23T09:56:04Z
185.155.176.0/22 created: 2022-06-23T09:56:04Z
185.155.184.0/22 created: 2022-06-24T06:46:34Z
193.221.216.0/23 created: 2022-06-24T06:46:33Z
193.222.104.0/23 created: 2022-06-24T06:46:33Z
Regards,
rfg
P.S. I would still be concerned, although perhaps a bit less
concerned, if
this organisation had not elected to place a fradulent and non-existant
comnpany name into its public WHOIS organisation: record. I would however
still remain befuddled by how this organisation managed to be assigned
some 72 times as much IPv4 address space as anybody else could get, all
apparently less than 2 months ago.
But there must be a reasoable explanation, I suppose.
There is, those are transfers, check them here
https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-transfers-and-mergers/transfer-statistics/within-ripe-ncc-service-region/ipv4-transfer-statistics
<https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-transfers-and-mergers/transfer-statistics/within-ripe-ncc-service-region/ipv4-transfer-statistics>
--
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, get a password reminder, or change your
subscription options, please visit:
https://lists.ripe.net/mailman/listinfo/address-policy-wg